Saturday, November 28, 2009

Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

I really want my hair cut into somthing other than the hairstyle I have now because I've had it for atleast 2 years and it's getting really boring, but theres nothing much I can really do with it. I think a bob would suit my face but I'm afraid my hair will go into an afro type of thing, what do you think?



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

Just a few tips from a helpful hairdresser:



First, have your hair cut when it's dry, because curly hair can shrink up to an inch and a half, and this varies with each person's hair texture and amount of curl.



Second:If the haircut "bells" at the bottom, then a few light layers can be added. Too much layering can add roundness around the top and sides of the head; your facial and whole body shape should be figured into this decision.



Third: weigh your styling options with a bob. How much time do you have every morning to get it looking good? Tell your hairdresser how much maintenance you are willing to put into a style.



Fourth: Do you want your hair curly, straight, or both? To get thick %26amp; curly hair completely straight, you'll need a good, hot straightening iron (400*F) to get all your curl out, plus spray heat protectant, to keep from frying it. If you want it curly, it's good to weight the hair down with a creme styling product, which creates soft curls, no frizz. Mousse and gel are good, too, and they create harder curls. Weighting it down keeps away the triangle/mushroom look.



Lastly: Is there a celebrity/family member whom you resemble? Imagine what they would look like with the style you want. I look like Delta Burke (Suzanne Sugarbaker in the 80's Designing Women show). I visualize what she would look like before I go ahead with a hairstyle. It works!



I hope you find something that works for you!



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

straighten it!! Report It



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

A suggestion The barber shops have a pair of sissors that only cuts some of the hair like thinning in certain cuts, so its much more manageable. its just a thought. Report It



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

I think you should keep it long but if that is too boring for you then get A side fringe or some layers go to your hairdresser and see what she advices



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

well u probably could if you straiten it or something



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

go to a hairdresser that specializes in curly hair



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

If you have really curly hair then cutting it to a bob will make it look a little triangular. It really depends on how curly and thick it is. But if you have it just at the shoulders and shaped well, it will look good.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

yh go for it!



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

it can be.it will poof out though



you'll have an afro!! unless you straightend it.....



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

Don't do it!!! i have thick curly hair and had it cut into a bob, now i regret it so much. i have to straighten it almost every day and my hair is ruined. Go and see you hairdresser and ask what style would be better for your hair. A Bob on curly hair is really high maintenance!!!



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

Thick, curly hair can be bobbed, but you run the risk of looking like a triangle head.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

i did once, and everyone called me mushroom head.



-shrugs-



you make the choice, lol.



*whistles



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

Well, as long as you can keep your hair from growing upwards, I don't see why you couldn't!



Just make sure you condition it and ask your hairstylist for tips to keep it the way it is.



Try to get nothing shorter of a chin-length bob, especially if you hair tends to get frizzy.



You may need some special hairsprays, but it should be fine!



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

You can get a bob for your hair but it depends on how thick your hair is %26amp; how curly it is. You may have to get some of your hair thinned out if you want it to remain curly. Have you ever tried straightening your hair with one of the ceramic straighteners? Try that before getting it cut too. It will not only change the way you look, but the sleekness will add extra sexiness.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

My mom had very thick and curly hair and she had it in a bob. I know she had to keep it gelled to look nice but that is all she did.



Take the advice of the other people and talk to the hair dresser and make sure they are comfortable with your hair type. They should be able to cut it the way you want, but maybe make some adjustments according to the amount to hair and the size of curl you have.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

chances are it would turn into an afro , but what you need to do is get your hair a straight perm , and getit cut . then even some anti poof shampoo would help . . . like redken , or infusium 23 , or even sunsilk



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

Of course!! I don't know what type of curls you have, there are so many... corkscrew curls look really cute in a bob.



I don't know if you have ever watched NBC show "Deal or No Deal' but if not, check out the model Anya (number 10) she has a really adorable hair cut. It is a bob and curly.



I have a bob and needed a cut hairstyle for a wedding I was in recently. I went with this stlye using a curling iron it was perfect!!!



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

Yes! If you add slight layers and lots of texturizing to remove bulk. Also consider that you may be sporting the (ah-hem) "fro" look when you don't straighten your hair. notice that is in style. I totally support the idea if you don't mind a little volume. You can always flat iron to give it an ultra sleek look! Take it from a professional, and go for it girl!



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

certainly although the impact wont be as great as having it done on straight hair, why not experiment in express weave hair extension you get a new hair do within 5 mins promise and its very affordable,who knows u might no like the cuyt but with this great new piece you can always reverse the deed. good luck



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

No love I've tried and tried



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

I wouldnt recommend it, because curly hair will rarely keep the shape of a bob that you would probably want for it to work. But if your prepared to straighten it if it does go afro then go for it, otherwise ask your hairdresser because they might no more about your hair type.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

wouldn't do it myself...you#'ll end up with a wedge-type style, which is never good :)



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

If you cut your curly hair into a bob you would look like a giant puff ball. Longer hair is always better for curly hair. If your looking for a change try straighting it every once in a while.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

Yes you can, but you must consider a couple things...First of all, unless you straighten it, it will be a more thick fuller looking bob instead of a sleek bob. Another thing is to consider length, dont go to short, or it will be a nightmare. It would be hard to straighten it and could come out looking like a fro. Since curly hair shrinks up, cut conservatively.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

you may want to straighten it out first.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

go for a bob and go blonde also



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

I think that you should go for it. You can get your hair thinned by a professional hair stylist then ask them ways to manage it so it doesnt look like an afro.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

It can be cut into a bob,but blow-dry it out straight and use the flat acrlics to maintain.Not the flat iron.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

I have the same type of hair, and I know from experience that it will turn out poofy. I still have short hair, but I straighten it. Unless you're willing to do that every morning, its a bad idea.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

I don't know...I have really curly hair and I'm afraid to cut it short because of some pictures of myself in preschool and kindergarten. I had a FRO...I can't believe my mom let my hair look that bad, but I would never cut my hair short. I would get made fun of all over again, except maybe I would handle it better being 16 and not 5...:)



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

My mom cut my curly hair in a bob when I was in 3rd grade. It WILL go into an afro. Don't do it! Instead of a bob, try getting layers.



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

I have thick curly hair and had mine cut into a bob. My stylist is awesome! She knew exactly how to cut it so that it wouldn't bush out on the sides or be too thick in the back or too flat on top. My hair is very spirally, so the cut worked for me. The only down side I found to cutting my hair so short (It had been down to my belt for about 4 years prior to that cut) is that I missed my long hair after about a month. That was 2 years ago this mother's day and my hair is back to my bra strap, so just remember, it grows back! And also remember, when going to the salon, if they cut it, and it isn't as short as you like it, you can go shorter....but once it's short, it's short!!!



Can thick curly hair be cut into a bob?

try a wig that is short on you head first see if you like it and you can maintain it. If it is likable the cut. I say get some layers or highlights. Cutting your hair because it is boring it is sad because your hair is you part of your beauty and it takes long to grow back. sometimes your hair can be like cutting a plant sometimes it never grows back. Whatever decision you make i am sure you would look gorgeous, if you think cutting your hair is like dusting dirt off your shoulders the go for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage refinance